Whether your hair is long or short, curly or straight, every woman dreams of having a luscious and healthy mane. Unfortunately, some of us are born with hair that is dull, dry, and frizzy by nature. And even if you were born with healthy, lustrous hair, dealing with dryness is inevitable when your hair is constantly battered by heat styling tools, chemical treatments, and pollution.
When dealing with dryness, a good place to start is to raid your kitchen for some cost-effective and natural hair care ingredients. Using ingredients from your pantry is not only convenient, but it also gives you the same, if not better, results as high-end hair treatments with none of the chemicals. While it may take longer to see results, your hair will thank you in the long-term.
Following are 24 of the best hair treatments that you can whip up in your kitchen for conditioned, healthy, and manageable hair.
24 Homemade Dry Hair Treatments
1. Homemade Hot Oil Treatment
Hot oil treatments are one of the simplest and most effective remedies for dry hair. The best part about a homemade hot oil treatment is that you can make custom blends to suit your hair type.
You Will Need
- 2 tbsp Almond Oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Mix all the oils in a medium-sized pot and warm it. (You can personalize this mix by adding or substituting oils.)
- Don’t overheat as it will end up damaging your scalp. Make sure it’s lukewarm, not hot.
- Massage hair with this oil mixture and wrap it up in a towel.
- Unwrap after 30 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo.
Using this treatment once every seven days will give you softer, shinier, and healthier tresses.
2. Egg Yolk And Water Mix
Egg yolk is another wonderful dry hair remedy. It conditions your hair shafts and keeps them moisturized.
You Will Need
- 2 egg yolks
- Take two eggs and separate the yolk from the whites.
- Add three tablespoons of water and beat until the mixture is slightly fluffy.
- Apply all over your hair and wait for 30 minutes before washing.
- Use cool water to wash your hair. This keeps the egg from “cooking” and controls the smell.
You’ll be surprised at the instant shine in your hair.