This DIY face brightening mask is super simple to make because it only requires two ingredients! One of the best ways to get a bright, glowing complexion is to exfoliate, and rice flour is one of the best exfoliants you can use. Rice flour is very cheap to purchase, and works so much better than store bought cleansers and exfoliants. Let’s check out this DIY face brightening mask and get on the path to clearer, brighter skin!
DIY Face Brightening Mask
- Rice flour is packed with aminobenzoic acid, ferulic acid, and allantoin. Aminobenzoic acts as an amazing sunscreen, protecting the skin from hamrful UV rays, and increases absorption of vitamin C. Ferulic acid is a natural anti-oxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory.
- The small, gentle granules of the rice flour exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and revealing newer, younger looking and brighter skin.
- Honey evens out skin tone due to its bleaching agent and therefore is a great ingredient for acne scars, dark spots, and skin stains.
- Together, these ingredients gently cleanse the face, detoxifies it, reduces enlarged pores, and also prevents acne and blemishes.
- 2-3 tsp rice flour
- 3 tsp honey
- In a small bowl, mix the rice flour and honey until it reaches a malleable consistency. You can add more honey if the mixture is too hard to work with.
- Apply the mask over a cleansed face and leave on for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, start massaging the mask into the skin in slow, circular motions. Be sure to be gentle around sensitive areas such as around the eyes.
- Remove mask with a wet washcloth that’s been dipped in warm water and then rinse off with cold water.
- Follow up with a soft toner, such as rosewater, and then a light moisturizer.
Use the DIY face brightening mask at least twice a week to gently exfoliate, get rid of acne and blemishes, and reveal clear, bright, glowing skin.