There are several different things you can do to help yourself feel better. Try the 7 remedies listed below that you can do at home, and see if you feel better as you go through your day. Getting more energy may prove to be simpler than you thought.
- University Health Press states that yoga is great for helping treat fatigue caused by fibromyalgia, anxiety or depression.
- It’s not just for those with a medical problem, though.
- Those who are perfectly healthy but struggle with chronic fatigue may find relief by practicing yoga.
2. Warm Milk.
- Drinking warm milk before bed can help you get a good night’s sleep.
- WebMD points out that doctors and scientists aren’t exactly sure why it works, but studies have shown that it does indeed help people sleep.
- If you’re fatigued because you have trouble falling asleep try a glass of warm milk before bed.
3. Power Nap
- Sometimes all your body needs is a little energy boost.
- According to the National Sleep Foundation, taking a power nap, a 20- or 30-minute nap, will give you the alertness you need to get through the rest of your day.
4. Energy Snacks
- When fatigue hits, snacking is a common way to try to stay awake.
- Unfortunately, too many people eat comfort foods at this point.
- WebMD recommends eating snacks that boost energy instead.
- Grab things that are high in protein and fiber and low in carbohydrates.
- Although this may seem contradictory, if you are struggling with fatigue, maybe you need to start an exercise regimen.
- WebMD shares that regular exercise actually increases energy and reduces fatigue.
- Start slowly and build up to a reasonable amount of exercise, but this should definitely hit your list.
- Limiting caffeine or cutting it out altogether might be in order if caffeine is interfering with your sleep and therefore, causing you to be tired.
- Medical News Today recommends using caffeine sparingly if fatigue is a problem.
- What you eat does affect your energy.
- Starting your day with breakfast and eating three meals a day is recommended by Medical News Today to fight the fatigue.
- Avoiding junk foods and crash diets and eating a well-balanced diet will help keep your energy level up.
- Tiredness doesn’t have to dog your steps all day long.
- You can get your energy back and put the bounce back in your step. See if these tips help banish the tired.