Known as lady’s fingers, okra is a plant native to Asia. However, today it is grown and cultivated all over the world. This vegetable is a powerhouse of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
For this reason, it has been used as an effective natural remedy for treating different health problems, including high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer cells, and cravings.
Health Benefits of Okra:
Curbs Your Cravings
- Due to its high content of soluble fiber, okra can make you feel full for longer.
- By increasing your satiety, okra reduces your cravings and aids weight loss.
- Fatigue is a common problem that affects a great number of people worldwide.
- It is a common symptom of different health problems.
- Fortunately, okra can help you deal with it.
- Okra seeds are packed with polyphenols and antioxidants which can promote glycogen storage in the liver.
- This means that there will be more energy for your cells.
- The okra seeds have the ability to control diabetes and reduce fasting glucose levels.
- They improve the insulin sensitivity of your cells and inhibit alpha-glucosidase, a unique enzyme that breaks down carbs.
- For many years, okra has been used as a natural remedy for managing diabetes.
Regulates Your Cholesterol Levels
- Okra promotes the reduction of high cholesterol levels and prevents the accumulation of fat in your body.
- The vegetable can reduce the total cholesterol and triglyceride levels and improve the production of bile acids in the stool, which will prevent atherosclerosis and heart attack in the long run.
Stops Bleeding & Prevent Brittle Bones
- Okra is high in vitamin K, a vitamin that has the ability to reinforce your bones and promote better blood coagulation.
- In other words, okra prevents osteoporosis, fractures, and excessive bleeding due to injuries.
Boosts Your Immune System & Improves Your Eyesight
- Okra is an excellent source of vitamin A, a nutrient that increases your white blood cell count and strengthens your immune system.
- Okra improves your body’s defenses against various health problems.
- Also, is very beneficial for improving your eyesight.
- H.Pylori is a bacterium which leaves in our intestinal lining.
- It can cause inflammation which eventually will result in gastritis. It has been shown that okra juice can effectively fight these infections.
- It destroys the H. Pylori bacterium in the gut, thus reducing the inflammation and reducing your risk of gastritis.